Be a Detective! What Were the Functions of These Rooms?
A Document Based Lesson for Middle School Students
Essential Question: According to primary and secondary sources, what were the functions of these selected pueblo rooms?
- Use multiple print and visual sources, primary and secondary, to make a decision about the function of a room in an ancient pueblo
- Present findings with a group and defend their decision with evidence from the archaeological record
- Write a field report which includes primary source and secondary source information, based on the archaeological record
Recommended as a lesson to work on either before or after your visit to Coronado Historic Site, this lesson will stand alone without the field trip if it is impossible for you to visit us.
Teacher Resources to Accompany This Lesson:
- Teacher Resources 1 – RoomMap
- Teacher Resources 2 – Images for CSI Pueblo
- Teacher Resources 3 – Field Notes Template
- Teacher Resources 4 – Inventory of Rooms 4-26
- Teacher Resources 5 – Student Resource Sheets
- Teacher Resources 6 – Assessments
- Teacher Resources 7 – References
- Teacher Resources 8 – CSI Kuaua Pueblo Powerpoint